Is there a way to have one apple id for the app store and another apple id for apple music?

I have my own apple id that it attached to my app store but i have an apple music account with a different apple id.

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 9:35 AM

No. The Apple ID used for the Store is the same one that is used for Apple Music.

You can use Family sharing from the Apple ID that has the Apple Music subscription to share it to the other Apple ID.

click here ➜ Share Apple and App Store subscriptions with family members on iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 9:35 AM in response to 2222lroberson

No. The Apple ID used for the Store is the same one that is used for Apple Music.

You can use Family sharing from the Apple ID that has the Apple Music subscription to share it to the other Apple ID.

click here ➜ Share Apple and App Store subscriptions with family members on iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 17, 2023 1:53 PM in response to 2222lroberson

Subscriptions are tied to the Apple ID used to start them in. If you change the Apple ID for the App Store the app subscription will no longer be available on the device, but will continue to charge the payment method on the Apple ID you used to start it.

The Apple ID used to start the Apple Music subscription will be charged for it and will use whatever payment method is tied to it.

Your best option to keep access to the App subscription and be able to access Apple Music at the same time is to use Family sharing to share the Apple Music subscription.

Is there a way to have one apple id for the app store and another apple id for apple music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.