You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG Ultrawide 5K screen Mac Studio unsupported resolution glitch

I am using a 2022 Mac Studio with an M1 Ultra running Ventura 13.1 with an LG 34" Class 21:9 UltraWide® 5K2K Nano IPS LED Monitor with HDR 600 (34" Diagonal).

While adjusting the display settings, I accidentally selected and unsupported resolution and now it continually goes black flashing on with stretched resolution for a split second, exactly like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnI_rsAD-Y0

I've tried restarting, booting in safe mode, attaching a different monitor then re-attaching the same one. Nothing seems to work. It's impossible to click around and figure out how to change the setting. I feel like there must be some preference file to throw away or Terminal based fixed that can reset the the display settings to what they were before. It was more or less working fine for a year before then as long as the display didn't go to sleep. I'm well aware of the issues the LG monitors have with that and worked around it but this. There has to be some solution,

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Studio, macOS 13.1

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 11:17 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

LG Ultrawide 5K screen Mac Studio unsupported resolution glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.