sending pdf attachments in email but the receiver only sees a blank page-why?

I have attached several pdf files (which I received from someone else by email) to my email and send them. The receiver could only open some of them, others were just blank. I have copied myself with the same email and I can open all attachments.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 2:19 PM

With your Mail compose window open, and before you attach any PDFs, visit the attachment panel from the Compose window toolbar and select it.

When that attachment file chooser panel opens, click the Show Options button and select Send Windows-Friendly Attachments. Then either choose your PDFs to attach from this panel, or click Cancel and drag/drop the PDFs onto the Mail body to attach them. If you want the single-page PDFs to show as icons, right-click on them and select View as Icon.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 2:19 PM in response to michi176

With your Mail compose window open, and before you attach any PDFs, visit the attachment panel from the Compose window toolbar and select it.

When that attachment file chooser panel opens, click the Show Options button and select Send Windows-Friendly Attachments. Then either choose your PDFs to attach from this panel, or click Cancel and drag/drop the PDFs onto the Mail body to attach them. If you want the single-page PDFs to show as icons, right-click on them and select View as Icon.

sending pdf attachments in email but the receiver only sees a blank page-why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.