Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time machine is not working on imac intel i7

I just got a new imac intel core i7 which is an upgrade from my power mac G4 MDD which I got in 2003. I transferred all the information from the power G4 using time machine and it worked fine. I then upgraded the OS to 10.6.4 given imac is intel core. All programs are working fine except I am unable to use time machine. It runs for a few gb and then the following error come on time machine buddy:

Starting standard backup
Backing up to: /Volumes/Backups/Backups.backupdb
Ownership is disabled on the backup destination volume. Enabling.
Backup content size: 237.9 GB excluded items size: 818.0 MB for volume Macintosh HD
No pre-backup thinning needed: 284.58 GB requested (including padding), 930.57 GB available
Waiting for index to be ready (101)
Indexing a file failed. Returned 1 for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx-2 .8-mac-unicode/wx/lib/floatcanvas/Utilities/ _init_.py, /Volumes/Backups/Backups.backupdb/van (5)/2010-08-17-184416.inProgress/75B311E0-7C50-4BD3-B7AD-03E3A1B883B2/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx -2.8-mac-unicode/wx/lib/floatcanvas/Utilities/ _init_.py
Aborting backup because indexing of file failed.
Stopping backup.
Copied 70375 files (17.4 GB) from volume Macintosh HD.
Copy stage failed with error:11
Backup failed with error: 11

Then when I try to verify and repair the disk, it does do it and keep on showing: " invalid node structure, invalid key length and invalid record count"

I have changed the external hard drive twice so I doubt that is the problem. Please help

imac 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 12:07 PM

2 replies

time machine is not working on imac intel i7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.