Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

update failed on iphone 11 pro, now phone is frozen on "swipe up to upgrade".

I attempted to update my iphone 11 pro while connected to my imac. I got the following message on the imac "The iphone could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (7). 06AA.FFFF". The imac then did not recognize that my phone was connected (disappeared from the finder screen).

Now the iphone is stuck on a screen saying swipe up to upgrade. It seems to swipe up, but it wants me to enter a passcode. Any of my known codes fail. The "swipe up to upgrade" screen comes on after I already attempted the push volume up, then push volume down, then hold right side in until apple appears.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 7:33 PM

kkcicco Said:

"update failed on iphone 11 pro, now phone is frozen on 'swipe up to upgrade'."

-------

Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Use my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are available, they will install, sure enough.

4 replies

Oct 17, 2023 9:00 PM in response to kkcicco

kkcicco Said:

"update failed on iphone 11 pro, now phone is frozen on 'swipe up to upgrade': The failed update attempt was while connected to my desktop imac (new last year). It started to update, then stopped (and the iphone icon used to disconnect etc. disappeared from Finder upon update failure."

-------

Any Concern for Losing Data?:

If it comes down to there being no way out of this, you might have to factory reset this, and then attempt another transfer. So, is there anything you have concern for losing? If not, then Factory Reset your iPhone, and then perform another update.

update failed on iphone 11 pro, now phone is frozen on "swipe up to upgrade".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.