Apple TV audio sharing not available ?

Hello fellow Apple Community :

I'm facing an issue when trying to share audio on my Apple TV 4k running on tvOS 17.1, it simply doesn't show the option to do so in the control center as described and shown in many tutorials / documentations / videos.

Steps to reproduce :

1. Open Control Center by clicking & holding "TV" button on Apple TV remote.
  2. Select "Audio" button in Control Center and choose to play Apple TV audio through AirPods Pro (1st-gen).
  3. No option to Share Audio after successfully connecting to AirPods Pro.

I've especially bought the Apple TV 4k after selling my original HD one just to use this function and it's just simply frustrating to feel like I'm the only one facing this issue (didn't find any articles regarding this problem). Does anyone have a clue on how to solve this ? I would like to avoid factory resetting the Apple TV before troubleshooting with other methods, so if anyone has any idea, I'd be so grateful.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,

Gregory

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 17

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 12:06 AM

tvOS 17 changed Control Center a bit, so here’s a screenshot of how I get to see the sharing option.

The first paired headphones brings a new AirPods icon to the row at the top. Select that to reveal its options. ‘Share Audio’ should then be the last option vertically.

8 replies

Oct 18, 2023 8:09 AM in response to Grégory_Stehlík

The Share Audio function is for select Apple and Beats headphones and earbuds. It doesn’t work with other brands.

The Share function is available linked from the first headphone audio output in Control Center, not as a second set to be paired just like the first.

List of compatible headphone models for Share Audio - Apple Support

Share audio with AirPods and Beats headphones on Apple TV 4K - AirPods user guide - Apple Support

Share audio from Apple TV 4K with a second pair of headphones - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

tvOS 17.1

That is not release software yet. We can’t assist for any issues with beta. It would be unknown if that is the cause. Please don’t discuss any beta issues publicly (officially it is confidential with feedback only to Apple).

Oct 18, 2023 11:08 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Hello Urquhart1244 :

I'm using the official AirPods Pro 1st-generation, as mentioned in my post. The 2nd link provided is the documentation I've talked about in the preface, which for some reason doesn't seem to be working, as after pairing the AirPods, No option is showing to share audio (the same applies for the third link).

Concerning the tvOS release, it hasn't been working since tvOS 16 and other earlier stable releases.

However I highly appreciate the effort, thank you so much.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,

Gregory

Apple TV audio sharing not available ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.