Open applepay email different from my own

I bought tickets on Expedia with Applepay. Now how do I open that Applepay email which is different from my regular email

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 10:52 AM

What Apple Pay email?

Apple pay does not use en email other than your own.

Also, when using Apple Pay on websites or in Apps, the email address would be whatever email you supplied to the website or app when you created your account.

If you use Hide My Email, when creating an account with the website or app, then the emails send to the fake address used with Hide My, are forwarded to your own email account.

click here ➜ Create and manage Hide My Email addresses in Settings on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2023 10:52 AM in response to suefromlewiston

What Apple Pay email?

Apple pay does not use en email other than your own.

Also, when using Apple Pay on websites or in Apps, the email address would be whatever email you supplied to the website or app when you created your account.

If you use Hide My Email, when creating an account with the website or app, then the emails send to the fake address used with Hide My, are forwarded to your own email account.

click here ➜ Create and manage Hide My Email addresses in Settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 30, 2023 11:34 AM in response to Chris Petersen

Chris Petersen wrote:

I receive an offer from a vendor that has an email which is different from my AppleID. I use ApplePay to pay for that offer. ApplePay insists on using my AppleID email as the contact info. I would like to change the contact email submitted when using ApplePay to that other email. Can this be done?

I'm sorry, that does not make sense. If you are getting an offer at an email other than your Apple ID, then you can reply with that email account. If you are trying to log in to the vendor's website, then use that email account instead of your Apple ID to log in.

I'm not entirely sure where the issue lies here. The email used is whatever you choose. If your web browser is defaulting to a different email address, then it may be because you logged in to said website with that at some point or you are using an App from the vendor that is already tied to your Apple ID.

Apple Pay doesn't submit any contact info. If the form you are using on the website to pay, has a section for your email address, you should be able to enter whatever email you want there.

Can you clarify exactly where this contact info appears exactly?

Oct 30, 2023 11:46 AM in response to Phil0124

Sorry. Poor explanation.

The email contained a link which took me to a web site. I have a login on that web site and I logged in. That login uses a email that is different from my AppleID email. That web site had an offer and an opportunity to add it to a shopping cart. When I check out, an opportunity to use ApplePay is offered. I use ApplePay, and all the acknowledgments of my purchase come back on my ApplePay email, not the website email. No record of my purchase appears in the history of purchases on the website. This creates confusion.

Hope I’m being a little more clear here.

Open applepay email different from my own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.