How to invert text color on a Mac 2022/3 model?

I am using a 2023 Apple Mac desktop and I wish to invert the text so it reads white text on a dark background and not black text on a white background. I have already inverted the colour button in accessibility which covers some aspects of this but not all.

I would like to be able to type and read all documents in the inverted form and also change CD documents for research and similar text for ease of use as I suffer with an eye condition namely dry macular disease.

I would really appreciate all the help I can get before my sight gets worse.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 11:52 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 8, 2023 11:15 AM in response to Bryan430

Apple provides several ways to make text more readable. The first is to go to System Settings/Appearance and set the display mode to "Dark". This will make the background black and the text white in many apps. It is much easier on the eyes. You can go to System Settings/Accessibility where there are several settings to invert colors, increase contrast, and increase text size. Good luck.

Oct 18, 2023 1:10 PM in response to Bryan430

Unless an application gives you the liberty of changing foreground and background colors of its text input areas, only the developer can introduce that behavior, not you.

Applications may be written to adapt the configured operating system appearance mode or ignore it. If so configured, they may or may not automatically change the text input areas to the detected appearance mode behavior.

Some applications such as MS Word allow the user to control a document's on screen appearance via the application's Preferences : General panel where you have a selectable choice of light or dark text on an opposite background.

LibreOffice Writer will allow you to set any foreground color with any background color regardless of the operating system appearance mode. Mine is green text on a black background. That only appears on the screen and saved or printed documents appear normally.

How to invert text color on a Mac 2022/3 model?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.