deleted startup disk

so i think i accidentally deleted my startup disk file and some other important stuff while trying to clear system storage. i have tried holding command + r in startup to go into recovery mode but this has not worked either so i may have deleted the file from that too.

my macbook air screen is black with a loading symbol in the middle that flashes on and off along with the cursor.

does anyone know how to fix this or what to do to reset it? i know this was a silly mistake but i would appreciate any help.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 7:30 PM

Start with If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support.

From what you describe, it sounds like the Apple logo with progress bar keeps appearing and reappearing: "This screen might alternate with a blank screen several times." If that is what you're seeing If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support is applicable. Follow each of those seven steps, but if you run into trouble along the way please write back.

In the end "If you need help, contact Apple Support."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2023 7:30 PM in response to lauraeek

Start with If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support.

From what you describe, it sounds like the Apple logo with progress bar keeps appearing and reappearing: "This screen might alternate with a blank screen several times." If that is what you're seeing If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support is applicable. Follow each of those seven steps, but if you run into trouble along the way please write back.

In the end "If you need help, contact Apple Support."

deleted startup disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.