Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Using 4 code numbers as opposed to 6

While trying to log into apple.com w/my apple id password it required a 6 number passcode and I is a 4 number passcode. How do I get around that impasse

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 2:34 PM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2023 2:39 PM in response to monazona

Your passcode is 6 digits if it displays 6 spaces, unless you changed it to 4 digits in Settings/FaceID or TouchID/Passcode.

If you don’t know your 6 digit passcode, If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

Using 4 code numbers as opposed to 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.