iPhone unavailable

Got my phone fixed and it came back saying iPhone unavailable and can’t do anything how do I fix it

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 6:22 PM

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2023 6:22 PM in response to Urcaught

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Oct 18, 2023 6:41 PM in response to Urcaught

Urcaught Said:

"iPhone unavailable: Got my phone fixed and it came back saying iPhone unavailable and can’t do anything how do I fix it"

-------

Unlocking a Fixed iPhone:

Whoever performed this fix, didn't fix it --they locked the iPhone. So, take it back to this place, and take it up with them. You need to go through Apple to unlock it...

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

Hold It Right There!:

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

Being Locked Out...

Have any Proof of Purchase?

Unless you have the original packaging and receipt, you may be out of luck. If you do have it, however, then take this to an Apple Store, or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)! and they may be able to restore it. The reason for this blockage is all about Security & Privacy.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

iPhone unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.