Error in Downloading photos from iCloud to Mac

I'm trying to download photos from our Shared Library to my MacBook Pro but iCloud keeps telling me there's an error and to try again later. Later never works. What's the problem with iCloud? I'm easily able to download photos from my Personal Library. I've logged out of iCloud and back in and even restarted my Mac but the only thing I'm told is to try again later.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 8:41 PM

alm49er1 Said:

"Error in Downloading photos from iCloud to Mac: I'm trying to download photos from our Shared Library to my MacBook Pro but iCloud keeps telling me there's an error and to try again later. Later never works. What's the problem with iCloud? I'm easily able to download photos from my Personal Library. I've logged out of iCloud and back in and even restarted my Mac but the only thing I'm told is to try again later."

-------

Troubleshooting Shared Library Downloading:

1. Go Here: How to Use iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Get help with Shared Library

Screenshot:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2023 8:41 PM in response to alm49er1

alm49er1 Said:

"Error in Downloading photos from iCloud to Mac: I'm trying to download photos from our Shared Library to my MacBook Pro but iCloud keeps telling me there's an error and to try again later. Later never works. What's the problem with iCloud? I'm easily able to download photos from my Personal Library. I've logged out of iCloud and back in and even restarted my Mac but the only thing I'm told is to try again later."

-------

Troubleshooting Shared Library Downloading:

1. Go Here: How to Use iCloud Shared Photo Library - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Get help with Shared Library

Screenshot:

Oct 19, 2023 2:34 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for trying with general Apple answers but none properly address the issue. I created most of the affected photos and somehow they only appear in the Shared Library, not in my Personal Library (where they should be). The photos all still reside on my original iPhone 13 running the latest iOS. A few of the photos were created on my wife's iPhone 11 running latest iOS but even those photos could not be downloaded. To me it seems that iCloud is malfunctioning as it consistently tells me "an error has occurred."

Error in Downloading photos from iCloud to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.