Iphone disabled

Hi folks..... I wonder if you can help please...... I have an old phone, that I can't get into as I forgot the passcode. It is now saying connect to iTunes as phone has been disabled. I have followed the instructions to do this but it will not let me. I keep getting an error message in iTunes telling me to enter the passcode, the one I can't remember! Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 7:25 AM

If you are being asked to enter the passcode in iTunes, then you are not doing it correctly.

Follow the steps in the support document linked below.

click here ➜ If the Restore screen appears on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You will have to restart the iPhone while its connected to your computer and iTunes is opened.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 7:25 AM in response to Fiebee

If you are being asked to enter the passcode in iTunes, then you are not doing it correctly.

Follow the steps in the support document linked below.

click here ➜ If the Restore screen appears on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You will have to restart the iPhone while its connected to your computer and iTunes is opened.

Oct 19, 2023 8:56 AM in response to Fiebee

To unlock your iPhone, follow the steps described in the Apple article:

(< iOS 15.2) -> If you forgot your iPhone passcode

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

(iOS 15.2 and newer) you don’t need to have a computer -> If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Iphone disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.