Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I am getting pop up message "UltraSearchApp Daemon" will damage your computer and it will NOT GO away. This occured after I updated to Sonoma.

Error message POP UP - “UltraSearchAppDaemon” will damage your computer. This does not go away even after I click on OK or Show in Finder. It just reappears constantly. This started happening after I updated OS to Sonoma. HELP??!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 8:42 AM

If you start up in Safe Mode, the message will probably stop appearing. See Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Then you can more easily find the file and delete it. Note that you will not be able to find the file using any kind of search feature. You will have to manually look in one of the following directories:

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

~/Library/LaunchAgents (relative to your home directory)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 8:42 AM in response to Big_Bopper

If you start up in Safe Mode, the message will probably stop appearing. See Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Then you can more easily find the file and delete it. Note that you will not be able to find the file using any kind of search feature. You will have to manually look in one of the following directories:

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

~/Library/LaunchAgents (relative to your home directory)

I am getting pop up message "UltraSearchApp Daemon" will damage your computer and it will NOT GO away. This occured after I updated to Sonoma.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.