Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Target disk mode

If I restart my computer in Target Disk Mode will it still work

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 5:15 PM

azby1164 Said:

"Target disk mode: If I restart my computer in Target Disk Mode will it still work"

-------

IDK. You can try it and find out: Transfer Files Between two Mac Computers Using Target Disk Mode - Apple Support

IMPORTANT:

Back Up your Mac First:  

Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 5:15 PM in response to azby1164

azby1164 Said:

"Target disk mode: If I restart my computer in Target Disk Mode will it still work"

-------

IDK. You can try it and find out: Transfer Files Between two Mac Computers Using Target Disk Mode - Apple Support

IMPORTANT:

Back Up your Mac First:  

Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

Target disk mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.