All video stopped working after upgrading to 16.7.1

My phone (iPhone X) automatically updated, and now no video will play, no YouTube, Netflix, HBO, nothing, not even in safari. I even erased the phone and completely restarted it without the backup still no videos. Please help. Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 7:48 AM

aric 2573 Said:

"All video stopped working after upgrading to 16.7.1: Thank you for your reply, unfortunately this did not work, everything was working great until the automated upgrade happened. Any other ideas maybe? Thank you.

———-

You are welcome.

Troubleshooting Lost Contacts:

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this occurrence, if you don’t report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2023 7:48 AM in response to aric256

aric 2573 Said:

"All video stopped working after upgrading to 16.7.1: Thank you for your reply, unfortunately this did not work, everything was working great until the automated upgrade happened. Any other ideas maybe? Thank you.

———-

You are welcome.

Troubleshooting Lost Contacts:

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this occurrence, if you don’t report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Oct 19, 2023 7:17 PM in response to aric256

aric 2573 Said:

"All video stopped working after upgrading to 16.7.1: My phone (iPhone X) automatically updated, and now no video will play, no YouTube, Netflix, HBO, nothing, not even in safari. I even erased the phone and completely restarted it without the backup still no videos. Please help. Thanks"

-------

Can't Play a Video:

Turn Off Notifications:

Sometime, notifications can get in the way of playing videos (as they pause what is taking part) So, simply turn off Notifications, and see fi you ne longer get this error.

1. Go Here: Manage notifications from Messages on Mac - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Change or turn off all notifications from Messages
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

All video stopped working after upgrading to 16.7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.