You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my password without connecting my phone to the computer

I had spent some time without using my phone and when I decided to resume using it, I had forgotten the password

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 11:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 12:24 AM

Since your iPhone has iOS 15.2 or later installed, follow the steps in this article:

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

But there is no way around erasing the iPhone and setting it up again from the latest backup, to get your data back.

In case your iPhone can't connect to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, you will have to use the computer::

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2023 12:24 AM in response to Luinda

Since your iPhone has iOS 15.2 or later installed, follow the steps in this article:

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

But there is no way around erasing the iPhone and setting it up again from the latest backup, to get your data back.

In case your iPhone can't connect to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, you will have to use the computer::

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

How do I reset my password without connecting my phone to the computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.