Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I have put the password in wrong and each time it keeps adding lockout times to it. Not giving me the option to reset the password

I have forgotten my password to open my MacBook. I’ve tried to method of putting it in wrong three times but each time it just continues to add minutes to locking me out of the MacBook. It’s not giving me the option to reset it.

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 6:49 AM

Stormlady66 wrote:

I have forgotten my password to open my MacBook. I’ve tried to method of putting it in wrong three times but each time it just continues to add minutes to locking me out of the MacBook. It’s not giving me the option to reset it.

If you can not reset your password then follow these instructions:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212190

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2023 6:49 AM in response to Stormlady66

Stormlady66 wrote:

If you can not reset your password then follow these instructions:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212190

I have put the password in wrong and each time it keeps adding lockout times to it. Not giving me the option to reset the password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.