Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Media Services Sign In pop-up keeps appearing

Hi. I keep getting a pop up asking me to sign in to Apple Media Services. I respond, but it keeps coming back.

Could someone tell me what this is and why it won't go away?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 6:49 AM

4 replies

Oct 21, 2023 9:05 AM in response to res259

Hey res259,

The steps in the following guide can help when you're having an issue connecting to Apple services: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, let us know more:

• Do you use a VPN or other security software, and if so, does removing/disabling those help?
  • Have you tried while connected to a different network?

Keep us posted.

Take care!

Oct 22, 2023 12:24 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi Old Toad,

Appreciate the input, but this did not help. This is really a system-level notification; not mediated by the browser.

I think the first step in troubleshooting is to understand WHAT this is referring to. I've asked this question a couple of times but not gotten a clear answer. Could someone start by telling me what Apple Media Services is.

Once that's clarified, it would be helpful to know where one typically goes to sign in to Apple Media Services (in the case where you want to be proactive about it rather than be prompted). Maybe there are some clues there?

Oct 21, 2023 9:39 AM in response to TammyW_03

Hi Tammy. Thanks for your prompt response. Just to clarify, I'm not having trouble connecting to Apple services. I'm getting a constant pop up asking me to sign in to Apple Media Services. I enter my password, but the prompt just keeps coming back, sometimes a few days later, sometimes a week or two. It varies.

First off, what ARE Apple Media Services?

Second, how do I stop this constant prompt?

I'm not even using Apps Store, iTunes Store, etc.

I am not on a VPN. Unfortunately, I am not able to run the machine on a different network, but in my experience, this sort of behavior is not usually network specific.

Hope this helps.

Apple Media Services Sign In pop-up keeps appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.