Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Albums vs all photos

When I click a picture in o ne of my albums, I can choose to see the picture in “all my photos”. How can I do it the other way round? How can I click a picture in all my photos and see which album it belongs to? (If I have created an album with this and other pictures)

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 9:20 AM

paw292 wrote:

When I click a picture in o ne of my albums, I can choose to see the picture in “all my photos”. How can I do it the other way round? How can I click a picture in all my photos and see which album it belongs to?

You can't with Photos as it is currently setup. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple

However, a user has provided us with an AppleScript that will tell us which albums a particular image is in: How to find out the albums a photo is in: Jacques Rioux's Script, Catalina Version for Photos 5 - Apple Community. Note: it works with the current Photos V8.0 in Ventura.

Copy the script and paste it in Script Editor. Complie and save as an application. Then select a photo and run the app.

Other scripts and user tips can be found in this user tip: Thematic Index to Photos for Mac related user tips … - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2023 9:20 AM in response to paw292

paw292 wrote:

When I click a picture in o ne of my albums, I can choose to see the picture in “all my photos”. How can I do it the other way round? How can I click a picture in all my photos and see which album it belongs to?

You can't with Photos as it is currently setup. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple

However, a user has provided us with an AppleScript that will tell us which albums a particular image is in: How to find out the albums a photo is in: Jacques Rioux's Script, Catalina Version for Photos 5 - Apple Community. Note: it works with the current Photos V8.0 in Ventura.

Copy the script and paste it in Script Editor. Complie and save as an application. Then select a photo and run the app.

Other scripts and user tips can be found in this user tip: Thematic Index to Photos for Mac related user tips … - Apple Community

Albums vs all photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.