How do I DL an older verson of FCP

I recently lost my backup iMac to a mother board failure. My Mac guy sold me a nicely refurbished iMac that runs Monterey (version 12.7). When I did a time machine applications clone, I found that my FCP won't run on it. My Logic Pro WILL run on it.

What version of FCP will run on MacOS 12.7 and how do I get that version of FCP? When I go to the app store and click on OPEN (I have previously purchased FCP), it just tells me it won't run on Monterey and doesn't offer me the option to DL a version of FCP that WILL run on it.

Ideas???

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 2:52 PM

You have the Discover page selected.

If you click the button in lower left for your account you should see this

If you don't see the Purchased page you might have to sign in. The Purchased page shows the applications you bought with that Apple ID. If FCP is not there perhaps you paid for it with a different Apple ID.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2023 2:52 PM in response to NickDrozdoff

You have the Discover page selected.

If you click the button in lower left for your account you should see this

If you don't see the Purchased page you might have to sign in. The Purchased page shows the applications you bought with that Apple ID. If FCP is not there perhaps you paid for it with a different Apple ID.

Oct 20, 2023 1:44 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Didn't work. First, when I move it to trash and go to the App Store it says I have to pay 300 bucks AGAIN. When I tried that it still prompted me that I can't use it on MacOS 12.7. So I'm still in the same place.

There is another issue. When I go to my App Store account, it shows a small fraction of the apps I have purchased over time. I have purchased BOTH Logic Pro AND FCP, and neither show up on my previously purchased list, even when I try to "unhide" them.

Something's not right.

How do I DL an older verson of FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.