J5create adapter stops working if computer restarts

On a couple of occasions, when I restart my MacBook Pro, my j5create adapter will not work correctly. Sometimes it will not detect the adapter at all and the screens stay black; sometimes they will both mirror my macbook's main screen, but they are undectable otherwise. I have tried opening up System Preferences>Displays>Option button>Detect Displays and the displays are never connected. However the displays were working perfectly fine 10 minutes before when my computer was working earlier. It's just that they don't work after a restart. I even have changed out HDMI cords in the past to get it to work and it won't. Is there a better adapter to use that is going to be more consistent because this is very frustrating to intermittently not have my monitors connect and not understand how to fix it. I do not understand why they have come on in the past.

Mac Pro (2023)

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 12:32 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 21, 2023 12:35 PM in response to jjhewlett901

Hello jjhewlett901,

If you haven't done so recently, you can use the steps below to make sure that your MacBook Pro is up to date:

1. Before installing new software, it's a good idea to back up your Mac. If you have an external storage device, you can use it to back up your Mac with Time Machine.
2. To check for new software, open Software Update:
• From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen, choose System Settings. Click General in the sidebar, then click Software Update on the right.
• Or in earlier versions of macOS, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
3. If Software Update finds new software, click the Update or Upgrade button to download and install it. You will be asked to enter your administrator password, which is the password you use to log in to your Mac. During installation, your Mac might show a progress bar or blank screen several times.

You can also find those steps in this resource: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support That should help to isolate this further.

If you continue to run into that behavior, you'll want to reach out to the manufacturer of your adapter: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support They'll be in the best position to assist with troubleshooting their particular adapter.

Take care.

J5create adapter stops working if computer restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.