Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Individual Airpod Pro earbuds serial number not working, but the charging case comes back as a valid apple device

Im attempting to meet some one to purchase some Airpod Pros first generation ear buds. Like i said in the title the charging case serial number located on the underside of the top of the charging case came back as a valid apple device on apples serial id website. However when i entered the serial number located on the individual buds into the same website they came back as invalid. I attempted the same with another pair of Airpod Pros that i know are real, and again they also came back as invalid. So do the individual earbuds serial numbers not register, or are the earbuds fake??

AirPods Pro

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 6:41 PM

Only the serial number for the case is used for warranty coverage.

The serial numbers on the AirPods are not used.

1 reply

Individual Airpod Pro earbuds serial number not working, but the charging case comes back as a valid apple device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.