Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I can't backup in Time Capsule without WiFi

I want to use time capsule only for backups. I connected it with a TP-link mesh system as described. Everything looks OK.

When I try to turn off the WiFi on the Time Capsule as I don't need another network, I am not able to make backups.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 6:04 AM

Same answer. It is not a wired client on that network. Find out how to add a wired client to the TP-link mesh system. Consult its documentation. I have no idea whether it is even possible to add a wired client to that system.

7 replies

Oct 21, 2023 5:46 AM in response to starazagora

When I try to turn off the WiFi on the Time Capsule as I don't need another network, I am not able to make backups.

Then it is not properly connected to your network.

You probably need to reconfigure the TC by starting with a "hard reset": How to reset your AirPort base station - Apple Support. Connect it to your network with an Ethernet cable, disable the TC's wireless radio, and configure it as a (wired) client.

After it resets, you will need to "reconnect" to the TC by removing it in Time Machine's settings, followed by adding it again.

None of the above affects your existing backups.

I can't backup in Time Capsule without WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.