1761 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2010 3:00 PM by rkaufmann87
Welcome to Apple Discussions.
Yes, here are the minimum requirements for CS5 on a Mac:
• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
• Mac OS X v10.5.7 or v10.6.3; Mac OS X v10.6.3 required for GPU-accelerated performance
• 2GB of RAM (4GB or more recommended)
• 10GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash-based storage devices)
• 7200 RPM hard drive for editing compressed video formats; RAID 0 for uncompressed
• 1280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0–compatible graphics card
• Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance
• Core Audio–compatible sound card
•DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs (SuperDrive for burning DVDs; external Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray Disc media)
• QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for QuickTime features
• Broadband Internet connection required for online services*
When I went on the Adobe Website, I noted the "Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance in Adobe Premiere Pro"
Next to that on the web page was a link that read: "visit the Adobe Premiere Pro system requirements page for the latest list of supported cards "
Once I clicked on the link, I compared the graphics card I will be getting with my Mac, to the graphics cards that Adobe "certified" the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M that I will be getting does not fall on the list of the "approved" graphics cards. Will this effect the performance in some way?