Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iMac stuck on Apple logo and progress bar

When I boot up my Mac, it displays the Apple logo and a progress bar that stops halfway. How can I fix this issue?

iMac 27″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 9:58 AM

Assuming you followed all the steps in the link provided, then that likely means the computer has suffered a hardware failure and you need to take it in for service. However, before you resort to that please give AppleCare a call and they will assist doing some diagnostics with you. If you are not aware of AppleCare's phone number please click AppleCare Contact Info to locate the phone number in your corner of the planet.

If AppleCare determines you need to take it in, they will also help you find an Apple Authorized Service Provider in your general area. Please note that if your computer is obsolete (ask AppleCare!!) then make an appointment at a non-Apple Store Apple Authorized Service Provider as an Apple Store will not repair obsolete products due to parts availability.

Good luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 9:58 AM in response to mraskerm

Assuming you followed all the steps in the link provided, then that likely means the computer has suffered a hardware failure and you need to take it in for service. However, before you resort to that please give AppleCare a call and they will assist doing some diagnostics with you. If you are not aware of AppleCare's phone number please click AppleCare Contact Info to locate the phone number in your corner of the planet.

If AppleCare determines you need to take it in, they will also help you find an Apple Authorized Service Provider in your general area. Please note that if your computer is obsolete (ask AppleCare!!) then make an appointment at a non-Apple Store Apple Authorized Service Provider as an Apple Store will not repair obsolete products due to parts availability.

Good luck!

iMac stuck on Apple logo and progress bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.