Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferred old phone info and lost new pictures!!!

I purchased the Iphone 4 and before I transferred the old Iphone data I took a family vacation, taking lots of photos, and added a few new apps.

Today I transferred the old data to the new phone via restore. I lost all the photos from our vacation, but it saved all the new apps.

Are the photos still on the new phone somewhere, or are the gone for good?

Iphone, iOS 4

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 1:20 PM

4 replies

Aug 21, 2010 1:45 PM in response to tumbleweed555

Gone for good, unless there is a backup for your iPhone 4 made before transferring the backup for your old iPhone, or if you imported these photos with your computer before doing the transfer. iTunes did what you instructed it to do.

Photos and/or videos in the camera roll should be imported by your computer as with any other digital camera.

Aug 21, 2010 1:46 PM in response to tumbleweed555

Were these photos taken with your iphone 4? When you restored your iphone 4, did you restore it from the backup of your old iphone? If so, that's why the photos were deleted. Photos in your camera roll should be imported to your computer, just like any other digital camera. Photos in the camera roll are also included in your iphone backup. When you restored your new phone from the backup of your old phone, the restore process would restore whatever photos were included in that backup, deleting whatever was on your phone.

You "may" be able to recover these, as when you restore your phone, a time/date stamped backup is made. If you restore your new phone from that time/date stamped backup, your photos should be restored to your phone. If they are, import them to a supported application on your computer, then restore your phone again from your old phone's backup.

Transferred old phone info and lost new pictures!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.