Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone hotspot for ipad

id like to use my iPhone as a personal hotspot for my I pad but they will not connect. I get the error message “pairing unsuccessfully jb’s iPad not supported”. What should I do?

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 9:50 AM

You don't pair an iPhone to an iPad for Hotspot service. Assuming you have the ability to use Hotspot from your iPhone (this is a carrier provided feature, so contact them if you don't currently have Hotspot on your iPhone), you open Settings > Wifi on your iPad and look for your iPhone to connect to its Hotspot. Again, this assumes your iPhone actually has Hotspot from your carrier as an available option.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 9:50 AM in response to Jb789jb

You don't pair an iPhone to an iPad for Hotspot service. Assuming you have the ability to use Hotspot from your iPhone (this is a carrier provided feature, so contact them if you don't currently have Hotspot on your iPhone), you open Settings > Wifi on your iPad and look for your iPhone to connect to its Hotspot. Again, this assumes your iPhone actually has Hotspot from your carrier as an available option.

iPhone hotspot for ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.