Issue with using Yubikey on my iPhone 14 Pro

Hello. I recently purchased a Yubikey 5C NFC and set it up for most of my accounts. It used to work when used it with my iPhone 14 Pro (on iOS 17.1) to login to accounts, today though it didn't. The app asked for the key, I touched it to the phone and input the PIN as usual, though it just showed an error message. Tried with multiple apps and in browser, same issue everywhere. Only app that it works in is Yubico Authenticator, there I can see the authenticator codes as always.

Would appreciate some help on this as I need to use the key with my phone, otherwise it loses all its functionality when I can't login on mobile using it.

Thanks.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 10:26 AM

2 replies

Oct 22, 2023 10:59 AM in response to maxisy

Hi maxisy,

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Is your device on iOS 17.0.1 or iOS 17.1?

If your device is on iOS 17.0.1, please check for a software update and make sure that you are running the latest version of iOS 17.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest software version for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

As of this writing, iOS 17.1 is still in beta phase. If you are using a version of the iOS that is still in a beta phase, issues like this may arise. 

If you’re having any issues using the public beta, we welcome your feedback here: Apple Beta

Take care!

Issue with using Yubikey on my iPhone 14 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.