You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my device covered under global warranty?

I’ve bought my phone in US but if the phone is having any issue when I travel back home to India, will the phone be covered under global warranty?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 1:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 1:07 PM

Apple provides a limited warranty for its products, and whether your iPhone is covered under a global warranty can depend on the specific terms and conditions. Generally, Apple's warranties are typically valid only in the country where the product was originally purchased. However, there are some exceptions and additional details to consider:

1. **International Warranty for iPhones**: Some Apple products, including iPhones, may have an international warranty that provides coverage in countries other than the one of purchase. This is often true for iPhones, but it's important to check the terms of the warranty at the time of purchase or contact Apple Support for specific information.

2. **AppleCare+**: If you have AppleCare+ for your iPhone, it often includes international coverage, but there may still be some limitations. It's essential to check the terms and conditions of your AppleCare+ coverage.

3. **Regional Differences**: Keep in mind that there can be differences in the availability and terms of warranty coverage between countries, so it's advisable to check with Apple or an authorized service provider to confirm if your specific issue is covered under warranty in India.

4. **Purchase Location**: Where you bought the iPhone may also affect warranty coverage. It's best to consult with Apple or an authorized service provider for precise information.

To get the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific iPhone's warranty coverage, I recommend reaching out to Apple's customer support or visiting an Apple Store or an authorized service provider when you're in India. They can provide guidance on your warranty options and address any issues your iPhone may have.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2023 1:07 PM in response to dikshith256

Apple provides a limited warranty for its products, and whether your iPhone is covered under a global warranty can depend on the specific terms and conditions. Generally, Apple's warranties are typically valid only in the country where the product was originally purchased. However, there are some exceptions and additional details to consider:

1. **International Warranty for iPhones**: Some Apple products, including iPhones, may have an international warranty that provides coverage in countries other than the one of purchase. This is often true for iPhones, but it's important to check the terms of the warranty at the time of purchase or contact Apple Support for specific information.

2. **AppleCare+**: If you have AppleCare+ for your iPhone, it often includes international coverage, but there may still be some limitations. It's essential to check the terms and conditions of your AppleCare+ coverage.

3. **Regional Differences**: Keep in mind that there can be differences in the availability and terms of warranty coverage between countries, so it's advisable to check with Apple or an authorized service provider to confirm if your specific issue is covered under warranty in India.

4. **Purchase Location**: Where you bought the iPhone may also affect warranty coverage. It's best to consult with Apple or an authorized service provider for precise information.

To get the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific iPhone's warranty coverage, I recommend reaching out to Apple's customer support or visiting an Apple Store or an authorized service provider when you're in India. They can provide guidance on your warranty options and address any issues your iPhone may have.

Is my device covered under global warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.