Cannot get Amazon Prime Video app to work since OS update on MacBook Pro.

Since I updated to Mac OS Big Sur 11.7.10, I cannot get Amazon video to work on my MacBook Pro. When I try to launch the app, I get the following message: "You can’t use this version of the application “Prime Video” with this version of macOS. You have macOS 11.7.10. The application requires macOS 11.4 or later."

Until the software update, this app worked fine on my MacBook. This message from Prime Video doesn't make sense to me as surely I have a later version than the minimum version required...

Advice welcomed on what I can do to solve this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 5:36 PM

I was in the same situation. However, when I selected Prime Video in the App Store and went to the page where only Prime Video was displayed, an "Update" option appeared. Before going to the page where only Prime Video is displayed, "Open" is the only option, but when you go to the single page, "Update" appears. From there I chose to update the app, and now the app is working. Try it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2023 5:36 PM in response to geraldine273

I was in the same situation. However, when I selected Prime Video in the App Store and went to the page where only Prime Video was displayed, an "Update" option appeared. Before going to the page where only Prime Video is displayed, "Open" is the only option, but when you go to the single page, "Update" appears. From there I chose to update the app, and now the app is working. Try it.

Cannot get Amazon Prime Video app to work since OS update on MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.