IPhone Activation Help

So I got this IPhone X from a Thrift Store and it's reseted and all I need to do is activate it. Also there is no SIM Card, so I need to activate it on WI-FI. Problem is, the back of the phone is cracked and the top right corner is missing a piece of the glass and the front screen is cracked in the bottom right. The phone turns on but the bottom portion of the screen does work. I try to select things on the screen but I am not able to because the phone does not respons. I also am not able to use the keyboard. What can I do to fix thix this problem, because right now I am unable to activate the phone?

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 6:55 PM

The phone is no good…I ran into a similar problem with a MacBook about 10 years ago, I brought it to get it repaired and it turned out the previous owners Apple Care was still valid. If that’s the case with this phone, you may be able to get it fixed at a lower price. Honestly, is it worth it?

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 21, 2023 6:45 PM in response to lilBarnabus

lilBarnabus wrote:

So I got this IPhone X from a Thrift Store and it's reseted and all I need to do is activate it. Also there is no SIM Card, so I need to activate it on WI-FI. Problem is, the back of the phone is cracked and the top right corner is missing a piece of the glass and the front screen is cracked in the bottom right. The phone turns on but the bottom portion of the screen does work. I try to select things on the screen but I am not able to because the phone does not respons. I also am not able to use the keyboard. What can I do to fix thix this problem, because right now I am unable to activate the phone?

The phone is useless, can't remove icloud activation lock without the previous owners information.

Not sure why you would by a broken phone from a thrift shop no matter how cheap it is.

IPhone Activation Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.