Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iphone 12pro ios 17.0.3 - No WiFi

Wifi will not turn on. Wifi and bluetooth toggle buttons do not work in settings and in pull down it turns blue when tapped but does not stay active. I have tried re start, forced reset, factory reset. Nothing works. What else can I do?

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 8:39 PM

starukd Said:

"iphone 12pro ios 17.0.3 - No WiFi: Wifi will not turn on. Wifi and bluetooth toggle buttons do not work in settings and in pull down it turns blue when tapped but does not stay active. I have tried re start, forced reset, factory reset. Nothing works. What else can I do?"

-------

If Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are Greyed-Out:

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

C. Update to: the latest version of iOS

As a Last Resort:

D. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 8:39 PM in response to starukd

starukd Said:

"iphone 12pro ios 17.0.3 - No WiFi: Wifi will not turn on. Wifi and bluetooth toggle buttons do not work in settings and in pull down it turns blue when tapped but does not stay active. I have tried re start, forced reset, factory reset. Nothing works. What else can I do?"

-------

If Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are Greyed-Out:

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

A. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference.

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

C. Update to: the latest version of iOS

As a Last Resort:

D. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration

Oct 21, 2023 8:27 PM in response to starukd

If Wi-Fi and Bluetooth buttons are grayed out in Settings app, your device is experiencing some kind of hardware failure. These components cannot be individually repaired, so you'll need to either service your device or upgrade.

If you have AppleCare+, and there is NO physical and/or liquid damage to your device, you should be able to get your device replaced at no cost.

AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple

If you do not have AppleCare+ and want to go through Apple, service replacement cost if you have an iPhone 12 Pro is $549 (US Price).

iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

You can also contact your cellular carrier to see if you're paying for insurance with them, or check upgrade options with Apple or your carrier.

iphone 12pro ios 17.0.3 - No WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.