forgot my password to my ipad and i am locked out

I can't get into my ipad because i forgot the password

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 1:54 PM

If you forgot a passcode that you changed within the last 72 hours, see the following for instructions: Temporarily use your old passcode when you forget your new passcode on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Otherwise, there is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2023 1:54 PM in response to Agapehomemedical2802

If you forgot a passcode that you changed within the last 72 hours, see the following for instructions: Temporarily use your old passcode when you forget your new passcode on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Otherwise, there is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

forgot my password to my ipad and i am locked out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.