Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Activation lock

So my grandma gave me an iPad mini 3 a year ago and she told me someone from her church gave it to her and she asked me if I could put her ICloud or mines since she doesn’t know how it works and the thing is that it has the other persons iCloud and I asked my grandma if she had the contact of the person who gave it to her and she says that it’s been a while since she has seen the person and that they left the church group so I just put her iCloud on the iTunes part and put mines but I found it again but forgot the password so it disabled so I did the whole restore thing but it still has the iCloud of the other person and I don’t know how to contact them.

iPad mini 3, 12

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 6:57 PM

Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent. It is intentionally difficult to bypass.

Without the holder of the Apple ID releasing the lock, this iPad will never be useful.

Recycle the iPad. Yes, really. With Activation Lock set, it’ll never be useful to you.

We can’t help. And Apple won’t, as you lack the Apple ID holding the lock, and lack convincing proof of ownership.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2023 6:57 PM in response to Jackson710

Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent. It is intentionally difficult to bypass.

Without the holder of the Apple ID releasing the lock, this iPad will never be useful.

Recycle the iPad. Yes, really. With Activation Lock set, it’ll never be useful to you.

We can’t help. And Apple won’t, as you lack the Apple ID holding the lock, and lack convincing proof of ownership.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.