Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Giftcard PIN shows invalid

I bought 2 gift apple cards ($100 each) back in Apr-2023 from target. Today I thought to redeem these but when I tried to enter these PIN, it didn't show up.

What I should do in this case now?

Thanks

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 1:01 AM

See -> If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Beware of -> About Gift Card Scams -> About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

14 replies

Oct 23, 2023 10:41 AM in response to saku05a2

Please contact Apple Support -> Contact Apple Support.

You might need to provide:

• An image of the full front and back of your card.
  • A sales receipt showing when your card was purchased.
  • The serial number from your card. 

-----

Note:

Never post your Apple ID credentials (such as Apple ID, billing address, phone number, etc.) on a public forum, that is asking for trouble.

Have asked the host to remove it.

Oct 23, 2023 4:40 PM in response to Raicya

This is very frustrating to go here and there.

I have 16 digit PIN number

I have PHB number for my both gift card.

I have Target Store Order's purchase receipt which has serial number along with activation details.

Still team is looking to have that envelop which I threw when I found my both gift card have right balance.

When I purchased gift card back on 03-Apr-2023, I checked the balance in both the card and I was satisfied. Definitely at some point both gift card had balance. If there would be any scam, then some numbers should be there with transaction details but as status shows Invalid PIN, it means something went wrong at Apple's end.

I would highly request with Apple team to look into this and help me to get my money back.

Today I connected with customer care and after third attempt, they registered my case number # ******* and asked me to wait for 2-3 days. I hope things will get resolve soon.

Thanks

Sandeep

[Edited by Moderator]

Oct 25, 2023 2:15 PM in response to saku05a2

Updating this thread after got response on this case and deny to debug it further.

This is very sad to see the response here. Bottom line is Apple doesn't want to continue here while things are possible to track if Apple support team wants.

You have 16 digit PIN code, I believe which is enough to track it down. In addition you have a purchase receipt and PUB number which is an advantage. The only thing I don't have it's envelop and based on that you don't want to track it down. 

Also at some point same PIN code was having balance and now it shows Invalid PIN which is not possible at consumer's end. The only possibilities for this is things got damaged at Apple's end otherwise it should have shown as 0 balance.

Definitely it is a scam but not from consumer's end. Apple is the one who did this scam.

I really insist Apple to look into the issue and help me to get my refund ASAP.

Thanks

Sandeep K

[Edited by Moderator]

Giftcard PIN shows invalid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.