📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS iCloud Photo Library Sync Issues since Sonoma 14.0

My libraries on my iPhone 14 Pro Max and the MacBook Pro with Sonoma 14.0 are not replicated correctly. Both have iCloud Photo Library enabled and if I add an image on my phone it isn't showing on my Mac and visa-versa. It stated that both are synced correctly. I have tried to create a new Photo library on my Mac and then turned off iCloud Photos and then back on, then the sync doesn't initiate and crashes the Photos app. I have over 22,520 photos and 2,330 Videos which I can imagine being an issue. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 5:05 AM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2023 8:29 AM in response to joeldelane

Hi joeldelane,

If iCloud Photos is not syncing between devices, follow this article to troubleshoot If your iCloud Photos aren't syncing to your device. Also when comparing your libraries, make sure you are comparing the same albums. For instance on both devices you are looking at Recent and not Recent on one device and the Library on another.

If it continues, contact Apple for support Get Support.

Take care.

MacOS iCloud Photo Library Sync Issues since Sonoma 14.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.