Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I transferred my files from pc to macbook air with migration assistant but can't seem to see them on the Mac. Nb am new to Macs

I have tried to see files folders transferred from my pc to MacBook by clicking on the users & groups but still can't see a thing when I click on the folder or files transfered from Mac

NB: am a new user to MacBook

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 7:05 AM

This Mac User Guide would be a good place to start: Switched from Windows to Mac? - Apple Support

To see your files, you'll need to begin learning how to use the Finder (akin to Windows Explorer). To get to the Finder, click on the leftmost (or top most, depending on how you set your Dock up) icon in the Dock. Your files will most likely be:

1. Your photos will be in the Pictures folder
  2. Saved documents will be in the Documents folder
  3. Apps (Programs) will be in the Applications folder
  4. Any saved music files will be in the Music folder
  5. Saved movies will be in the Movies folder

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2023 7:05 AM in response to Mulosh

This Mac User Guide would be a good place to start: Switched from Windows to Mac? - Apple Support

To see your files, you'll need to begin learning how to use the Finder (akin to Windows Explorer). To get to the Finder, click on the leftmost (or top most, depending on how you set your Dock up) icon in the Dock. Your files will most likely be:

1. Your photos will be in the Pictures folder
  2. Saved documents will be in the Documents folder
  3. Apps (Programs) will be in the Applications folder
  4. Any saved music files will be in the Music folder
  5. Saved movies will be in the Movies folder

Hope this helps.

I transferred my files from pc to macbook air with migration assistant but can't seem to see them on the Mac. Nb am new to Macs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.