I have 2 apple IDs i want to merge them how is it possible?

have 2 apple IDs i want to merge them how is it possible?

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 4:08 PM

AppleID accounts cannot be merged per-se. Any purchased Apps, media, subscriptions and Apple services are forever tied to the AppleID account from which they were purchased. This limitation can in part be overcome by using Apple’s Family Sharing.

The best that you can hope to achieve is to merge your files and data. To do so, simply sign-out from the AppleID that you use least (or is less important to you) - and continue to use the AppleID that you use most on all of your devices.

Before signing-out from the AppleID that you intend to merge with a different AppleID account, ensure that you have first disabled the associated Activation Lock. You can disable the Activation Lock by disabling the Find My service from iPad/iPhone settings before trying to use a different AppleID account:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Find My > Find My iPad - set to OFF

Having disabled the Activation lock, you can now sign-out from your old AppleID:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

When signing-out of an AppleID, you have opportunity to save a local copy of any iCloud data associated with that AppleID account. If you choose to save a local copy while signing-out, this data will be merged with the AppleID account that you next use to sign-in to iCloud from that device. 

If you do not save a local copy of iCloud data when signing-out, all associated iCloud data will be deleted from the device - and will not be merged with the AppleID that is next used when signing-in to iCloud.

As such, data (including Photos, Passwords, Notes, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders Notes, Contacts etc.) associated with one AppleID account can be merged with that of another - but perhaps be mindful that the merge cannot be undone - but would require unpicking through manual deletion.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2023 4:08 PM in response to WhySoSerious204

AppleID accounts cannot be merged per-se. Any purchased Apps, media, subscriptions and Apple services are forever tied to the AppleID account from which they were purchased. This limitation can in part be overcome by using Apple’s Family Sharing.

The best that you can hope to achieve is to merge your files and data. To do so, simply sign-out from the AppleID that you use least (or is less important to you) - and continue to use the AppleID that you use most on all of your devices.

Before signing-out from the AppleID that you intend to merge with a different AppleID account, ensure that you have first disabled the associated Activation Lock. You can disable the Activation Lock by disabling the Find My service from iPad/iPhone settings before trying to use a different AppleID account:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Find My > Find My iPad - set to OFF

Having disabled the Activation lock, you can now sign-out from your old AppleID:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

When signing-out of an AppleID, you have opportunity to save a local copy of any iCloud data associated with that AppleID account. If you choose to save a local copy while signing-out, this data will be merged with the AppleID account that you next use to sign-in to iCloud from that device. 

If you do not save a local copy of iCloud data when signing-out, all associated iCloud data will be deleted from the device - and will not be merged with the AppleID that is next used when signing-in to iCloud.

As such, data (including Photos, Passwords, Notes, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders Notes, Contacts etc.) associated with one AppleID account can be merged with that of another - but perhaps be mindful that the merge cannot be undone - but would require unpicking through manual deletion.

I have 2 apple IDs i want to merge them how is it possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.