Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple TV Wi-Fi password shows incorrect but it isn’t. Error code -100

My Apple TV was working great until yesterday when the WiFi was changed to another in our house. I made sure the correct WiFi was selected but I keep getting an error message that the password is incorrect. I don’t know how to get it to recognize the correct one that is entered. Frustrated in FL.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 9:05 AM

What is your model Apple TV box?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

What is its version system software (tvOS)?

1. Try the steps as mentioned in: If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support
  2. Try the ‘Other…’ option instead of selecting a listed discovered network. Especially if the password has been changed.
  3. For Apple TV (4th generation or earlier), verify that the router or access point isn’t set to use WPA3, as only device models from ~2018 or later support that. Instead use ‘WPA2/WPA3 Transitional’. Some users report that they had to set ‘WPA2’-only first.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2023 9:05 AM in response to JazzeFL

What is your model Apple TV box?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

What is its version system software (tvOS)?

1. Try the steps as mentioned in: If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support
  2. Try the ‘Other…’ option instead of selecting a listed discovered network. Especially if the password has been changed.
  3. For Apple TV (4th generation or earlier), verify that the router or access point isn’t set to use WPA3, as only device models from ~2018 or later support that. Instead use ‘WPA2/WPA3 Transitional’. Some users report that they had to set ‘WPA2’-only first.

Apple TV Wi-Fi password shows incorrect but it isn’t. Error code -100

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.