Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 pro max grainy, and out of focus, Photography and videos

Hi all everyone who as had a problem with the iPhone 15 pro max with photography and video please please call up or chat the Apple as I just brought a iPhone 15 pro max and the picture and video quality was diabolical! It a was like the photos were taking in the 1940s or something. The photos were out of focus, grainy, and just overall horrible! I did everything that the agent on the Apple chat told me to do and it made no difference I didn’t ask them to address this problem to the manufacturers that there is a problem with the iPhone 15 pro max, and I said nobody else had complained to Apple with such a problem and I was the only one so please people if you get this problem with the iPhone 15 pro max chat to them through Apple chat or phone them directly I did both and on both occasions they said nobody had come forward about this issue in the iPhone 15 pro max. I will try and upload some images that I took took on the iPhone 15, pro max and my current phone which is an iPhone 14 and there is a **** of a difference. I have returned my iPhone 15 pro max in the hope I get a better replacement! Because this iPhone 15 pro max is worth £1399.00 if it take photographs like these.

I have not uploaded some of the really good pictures because I don’t want people to claim them as their own! But you can certainly see what I mean!

please please guys complain, and report the iPhone 15 pro max issue!

Here is a few examples below of pictures I took on the iPhone 15 pro Max after doing everything everyone told me to do! So please please people report this problem to Apple it is obviously I issue that needs to be reported by as many people as possible so they can fix this because they said I have been the only person to report it. Ring them chat to them but don’t posted here.! Please report this issue guys! This should not be the photo quality of a phone that cost £1399!

Farida.

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2023 6:09 AM

Apple has not fixed this yet . 15 pro’s camera is an absolute disappointment compared to my older 13 pro

photo preview looks great , then when 3x zoomed in it’s much worse than a 12 pro or worse 

videos are much granier and not sharp when zoomed in on x3 optical zoom . The pictures are “noisy” in general and lack depth . After Processing the taken picture is washed out and looks worse than before

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2023 6:09 AM in response to farida275

Apple has not fixed this yet . 15 pro’s camera is an absolute disappointment compared to my older 13 pro

photo preview looks great , then when 3x zoomed in it’s much worse than a 12 pro or worse 

videos are much granier and not sharp when zoomed in on x3 optical zoom . The pictures are “noisy” in general and lack depth . After Processing the taken picture is washed out and looks worse than before

Jan 10, 2024 8:19 AM in response to farida275

exactly Same brother! I have 15 pro max and same issue photos videos are dark and grainy! Raw max photos are also grainy when we zoom it ! I visited Apple service center they said that there is not issue in diagnostics test ! Now I don’t understand what to do… we really need a solution on it !? If there is manufacturing defects then apple needs to recall problematic devices

Feb 16, 2024 6:43 PM in response to farida275

Dear Apple Team,

Just wanted to tell you that like these people, me too disappointed with your product. I have upgraded my phone from iPhone 12 to iPhone 15 pro max just for photography. Otherwise iPhone 12 was equally good for calling and other features. But I am shocked to see the results of iphone15 pro max, the grainy photos, even my other phones like Samsung, vivo clicks better photos than this, the photo quality of iPhone 12 is much better than iPhone 15. I feel that I have wasted 1.55 lacs on this iPhone. If this is due to camera hardware or software, you people should call back these device and get these problem resolved

iPhone 15 pro max grainy, and out of focus, Photography and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.