Switch off annoying notification about icloud not syncing in sonema

I recently made the mistake of updating to Sonema. Actually, my iMac Pro decided without me to do this, but that's another story. Since then I get extremely annoying "notifications" about my data not syncing to iCloud. How can I switch these off? I don't intend to fork out on upgrading iCloud. The few MB they give us free are sufficient. And it specifically says "Passwords and data from Health and Maps can't be accessed on this device". So what? I don't use Health or Maps.

I just need to disable this annoying reminder once and for all.

iMac Pro, macOS 14.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 7:34 AM

Hi anch in nk,

To best resolve this, consider reaching out to Apple Support directly so they can look into it with you further. They can be contacted here: Get Support or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Regards.

4 replies

Oct 25, 2023 7:02 AM in response to Lissy_12

Hi Lissy...

That particular point is unfortunately not listed there.

I searched for "iCloud" in the settings and went through all those points and still couldn't find it.

I suspect this is part of Apple's aim to force everyone to link MacOS to their iPhones and iPads. I dislike iPhones and iPads and will never use one. The reference is to Health and Maps. These are presumably on an iPhone. Health doesn't exist on my iMac Pro. I hope this is just another Sonja glitch like the faulty Finder. Then they'll be dealt with sometime next year.

But thanks for your help!

Switch off annoying notification about icloud not syncing in sonema

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.