Set up new iPhone, and can’t get cellular to work. Shows SOS. How do I get cell service on? The new phone is the 15 pro max

Set up my wife’s new 15 pro max, and I can’t seem to get the cellular to work, and is showing SOS. Pulled everything from the cloud. Everything looks the same as old phone. Apps all downloaded, just issues with getting cellular on.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 10:28 AM

Stufflebo wrote:

Set up my wife’s new 15 pro max, and I can’t seem to get the cellular to work, and is showing SOS. Pulled everything from the cloud. Everything looks the same as old phone. Apps all downloaded, just issues with getting cellular on.

phone needs to be activated by your phone carrier to use cellular data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2023 10:28 AM in response to Stufflebo

Stufflebo wrote:

phone needs to be activated by your phone carrier to use cellular data.

Set up new iPhone, and can’t get cellular to work. Shows SOS. How do I get cell service on? The new phone is the 15 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.