Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

My iPhone will only connect to the Internet after I’ve made a phone call, why?

My phone will only connect to the Internet after I’ve made a phone call

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 12:22 PM

My question should have said my phone will only connect to the Internet after I’ve made a phone call. Anyways, this wasn’t a Wi-Fi issue this was a 5G issue. The problem was solved by removing the Xfinity VPN.

3 replies

Oct 25, 2023 11:27 AM in response to Dre-Vader

Hey there Dre-Vader,

If you're having an issue connecting to a Wi-Fi network, you can use the troubleshooting steps outlined in the Apple Support article If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support.

Should the issue be with connecting to your carrier's network, the steps in If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support are designed to help.

You can get more help connecting to your carrier's network by contacting your carrier directly. They will be best equipped to troubleshoot issues with their services. For more help after that, or for issues specific to connecting to Wi-Fi, you can reach out to Apple Support directly. They will have the necessary tools and resources to assist further. You can reach them here: Get Support

Have a wonderful day.

My iPhone will only connect to the Internet after I’ve made a phone call, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.