can't find a driver for the device OMNIKEY 3021 for Mac OS Sonoma

I can't find a driver for the device OMNIKEY 3021 for Mac OS Sonoma

my laptop sees the device, but the driver from the manufacturer is only for the mac os x version.

what can I do about it?

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 2:11 PM

The second point says no need for additional drivers: https://www.hidglobal.com/products/omnikey-3021

Key Benefits

• Compatible with any smart card: It can be easily distributed together with any smart card, including credit cards, eID cards or software for other applications involving online banking
  • Easy to install: With the USB CCID support, you can easily integrate it into an existing system by connecting the host and smart card reader. No need for additional drivers!
  • Readily compliant: It can be smoothly integrated into a PC environment as it is equipped to meet all relevant industry standards
  • Portable form factor: The unique size makes it an ideal reader for large-scale deployments and mass distribution
  • Suits any application: It is compatible with virtually any type of contact smart card, application software and major PC operating system

But, "PC environment" generally means Windows, although a Mac is a personal computer.

The data sheet does say OS X. have you tried the device yet? If not, I suggest you try it and see.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2023 2:11 PM in response to OliaKira

The second point says no need for additional drivers: https://www.hidglobal.com/products/omnikey-3021

Key Benefits

• Compatible with any smart card: It can be easily distributed together with any smart card, including credit cards, eID cards or software for other applications involving online banking
  • Easy to install: With the USB CCID support, you can easily integrate it into an existing system by connecting the host and smart card reader. No need for additional drivers!
  • Readily compliant: It can be smoothly integrated into a PC environment as it is equipped to meet all relevant industry standards
  • Portable form factor: The unique size makes it an ideal reader for large-scale deployments and mass distribution
  • Suits any application: It is compatible with virtually any type of contact smart card, application software and major PC operating system

But, "PC environment" generally means Windows, although a Mac is a personal computer.

The data sheet does say OS X. have you tried the device yet? If not, I suggest you try it and see.

can't find a driver for the device OMNIKEY 3021 for Mac OS Sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.