My haptics stopped working so the the last update, what do I do?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 6:37 PM

"My haptics stopped working so the the last update, what do I do?"

-------

Troubleshooting Haptics After an Update:

A. Start with a Restart:

Having made a change to your iPhone (installed an update), start with restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

No Success?...

B. Try this Link: If you Hear no Sound or Distorted Sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Speaker - Apple Support

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2023 6:37 PM in response to DesireeLouise

"My haptics stopped working so the the last update, what do I do?"

-------

Troubleshooting Haptics After an Update:

A. Start with a Restart:

Having made a change to your iPhone (installed an update), start with restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

No Success?...

B. Try this Link: If you Hear no Sound or Distorted Sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Speaker - Apple Support

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Oct 24, 2023 7:02 PM in response to DesireeLouise

DesireeLouise wrote:

Check the haptics settings: Change iPhone keyboard sounds or haptics - Apple Support

Also confirm that Focus—if that was enabled—isn’t configured to disable haptics.

To check whether haptics are even working, use the side slide mute switch. Slide the ring-silence switch off and back on a couple of times to trigger the haptics.

In Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Haptics, confirm settings are enabled. Same check in Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone, and in > Text tone, etc., too.

Check Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Vibration is enabled.

Force a restart: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Then check with Apple Support.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.