Some downloads not appearing in finder

The last week or so, many of my downloaded files are not showing up in finder. When I click on the "downloads" button at the screen, it does show the files that I downloaded, and when I click the arrow that says "more in finder", it takes me to finder, and I am not seeing all of the downloads. I want to organize the files that I just downloaded into folders on my desktop, but have no idea how to access them now. Please help!

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 10:30 AM

Hello Ashley_driscoll91, It sounds like you are using the "FAN" View option for your Download folder. If your download folder is in your "Dock" you can do the two finger option click and it will bring up a PopUP window showing you different few options. Maybe try the "Automatic" choice and in the view you can scroll down to see all the download files. Also you may want to check in Safari > Settings > General > check your File Download Location and make sure it is still on the Downloads folder.

Use folders in the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

Download items from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2023 10:30 AM in response to Ashley_driscoll91

Hello Ashley_driscoll91, It sounds like you are using the "FAN" View option for your Download folder. If your download folder is in your "Dock" you can do the two finger option click and it will bring up a PopUP window showing you different few options. Maybe try the "Automatic" choice and in the view you can scroll down to see all the download files. Also you may want to check in Safari > Settings > General > check your File Download Location and make sure it is still on the Downloads folder.

Use folders in the Dock on Mac - Apple Support

Download items from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Some downloads not appearing in finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.