Apple Pencil will not write or draw on iPad Air (5th gen.) anymore?

(I have an iPad Air Gen. 5) I've made sure the tip was screwed on tightly, turned off and on my Bluetooth, repaired and charged my pencil to 100%, and even tried force reset. The double tap feature still works and I even used replacement tips but no luck!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Pencil (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 9:56 AM

As described, you either your iPad or Pencil has a fault. The most common method of identifying the problem is through simple substitution...

If you are able, try using your Pencil will a different compatible iPad. If the problem persists, you have demonstrated that the Pencil has a fault. Alternatively, try using a different Pencil with your iPad; if the problem is resolved, you have again demonstrated that your original Pencil has a fault.

Should you need assistance, a visit to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will provide opportunity for your iPad and Pencil to be tested by Apple's technicians.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 9:56 AM in response to kalieah177

As described, you either your iPad or Pencil has a fault. The most common method of identifying the problem is through simple substitution...

If you are able, try using your Pencil will a different compatible iPad. If the problem persists, you have demonstrated that the Pencil has a fault. Alternatively, try using a different Pencil with your iPad; if the problem is resolved, you have again demonstrated that your original Pencil has a fault.

Should you need assistance, a visit to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will provide opportunity for your iPad and Pencil to be tested by Apple's technicians.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple Pencil will not write or draw on iPad Air (5th gen.) anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.