Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Mp4 clip has reduced scale

I have an Mp.4 that I am inserting into a FCP project. When viewed independently in Quicktime Player the Mp.4 is fine and scaled perfectly when inserted into my FCP (Version 10.6.8) project it is reduced and zoomed (see screenshot). This is not an issue with the scale setting within FCP which is marked on "Fit". Also wondering what the insignia in the upper left hand side of the clip may be (marked in red) and if that is related in any way with this issue. Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 11:28 AM

5 replies

Oct 25, 2023 12:29 PM in response to Larrious

I don't have a lot of experience with 360° stuff in rectilinear projects but there's this:

"In the Video inspector, scroll down to the Orientation section, then click the Mapping pop-up menu and choose one of the following:

• Normal: Presents any portion of the 360° video, up to 175° maximum (125° for 16:9 projects), using gnomonic projection, in which straight lines appear straight."

Since it looks like you're already in Normal mapping mode, the sliding the Field of View slider around and see how wide you can make it.

Mp4 clip has reduced scale

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.