You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live wallpaper stops working randomly

First time mac user here! Got the 14 inch macbook pro a week ago. The live wallpapers worked fine for 2-3 days. After installing few essential apps, the Live wallpaper stopped working. It freezes randomly and I have to re-select the same wallpaper every time. Otherwise the video won't run everytime I lock my computer. The wallpaper name also changes to some random text as shown in screenshot. It's frustrating to see that one of the top features of MacOS Sonoma is not working. Any solutions?

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 11:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 6:36 AM

Thanks leroydouglas for pointing it out! I am at 14.1 (23B74). I think the issue is fixed and the culprit was a tiny app called 'Top Notch' to hide the black bath tub. I have removed it and the live wallpapers are woring fine for last 15 hours. I appreciate you for responding to my SOS.

2 replies

Oct 26, 2023 5:53 AM in response to prateek212

prateek212 wrote:

First time mac user here! Got the 14 inch macbook pro a week ago. The live wallpapers worked fine for 2-3 days. After installing few essential apps, the Live wallpaper stopped working. It freezes randomly and I have to re-select the same wallpaper every time. Otherwise the video won't run everytime I lock my computer. The wallpaper name also changes to some random text as shown in screenshot. It's frustrating to see that one of the top features of MacOS Sonoma is not working. Any solutions?

? You do not say what what exact macOS this beyond "Sonoma"....?

The current stable release of Sonoma including bug fixes, security updates is macOS 14.1 —I would start there if you are running the introductory release 14

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Live wallpaper stops working randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.